This course focuses on content development and audience engagement, including the legal and political landscape in which the media operates. MVCs will learn key principles in content development and audience engagement to improve media viability among small and medium media houses and learn how to conduct audience research and content prototyping using human-centered design (HCD). MVCs will learn about the role of audience research in content planning, production and evaluation, and how different tools can help at each of these stages of the
content development process. This approach aims to help MVCs develop a deeper understanding of their audience and translate this understanding into more meaningful content, quickly and efficiently.
– Understand the history of media in Uganda and its impact on audience research and behavior.
– Apply audience research tools, drawing on human-centered design (HCD), to better understand audiences
– Generate creative content ideas that meet audience needs and can be monetized
– Create and test prototypes for content ideas
– Analyze case studies of successes and failures in Uganda and East Africa
– Develop content strategy for a media house